African-Americans are exuberant and reflective—optimistic about present-day advances in income, education, entrepreneurship and health care, and determined to forge a better future as influential leaders and catalysts of social awareness against discrimination and social injustice.
About the Report
Among other key items about the general African-American population, this latest report:
– highlights African-Americans’ economic and cultural gains
– shines a spotlight on how African-American Millennials are forging ahead in their use of technology and social media to raise awareness and evoke a national discussion on civic and political issues
African-American Millennials are:
– expanding the use of mobile devices (particularly smartphones with a 91% penetration rate for all African-Americans)
– expanding their shopping carts with fresh foods
– contributing to the diversification of mainstream primetime television viewership—forging a significant increase in advertising dollars focused on African-American audiences
As African-Americans continue to develop and expand their influence on mainstream America, companies are making changes to reach this culture-rich group with unique, captivating campaigns, as well as products and services that meet their needs.
Download all the insights and more here in Young, Connected and Black (PDF).
Publication Date: October 17, 2016