The Summer Associate Program is a one-of-a-kind 10-week program for recent college grads interested in emerging media.
Way more than a behind-the-scenes look at the entertainment biz, the program is an immersive experience that gives you exposure and unparalleled access. Working alongside advisors, you’ll have the chance to develop and present a group business proposal to senior execs. If all of that isn’t enough, many former Associates have been hired at the end of the program!
Summer Associates will be placed in one of our Tech or Digital focused departments, depending on their smarts, savvy and interests, working with properties like MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Spike, VH1 and our other mobile, online and gaming initiatives.
Departments may include:
- Engineering – Develops, designs, tests and deploys our web, mobile, and emerging platform applications using modern development techniques, tools, and software languages for all of Viacom, including Kids and Family, Music and Entertainment, and our central multiplatform team.
- Product Management – Works with various teams to develop new products and features to improve user experience, drive user retention and engagement.
- UX/UI and Product Design – Focuses on rapidly exploring, prototyping, testing, and validating new and existing product designs that address user needs, maximize usage and drive audience growth.
- Data Strategy, Data Science and Research – Extracts, analyzes and develops tools using web and social data, TV Data, audience insights, and other data that are used to inform strategic decisions in programming, ad sales, marketing and content creation across Viacom.
- Multiplatform Marketing – Creates opportunities to drive revenue from cross platform initiatives such as live events, social media, web and mobile strategies.
Additional Summer Associate Program perks include:
- Competitive salary and housing in NYC
- Senior mentorship
- Weekly executive speaker sessions
- Professional skills training workshops
- Develop and present a group business proposal to senior execs